Asparagus, scallops and prosciutto with golden butter
- 1 lb (450g) of asparagus
- 3 ½ tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1oz (30g) Prosciutto sliced thin and sliced 1.25 cm wide
- 1 lb (450g) of giant scallops
- ½ c. (2ml) finely grated lemon rind
- 2c. (30ml) fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup (60ml) low-salt canned chicken broth or consommé
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the asparagus for about 8 minutes in a saucepan of boiling salted water.
- Remove them with the tongs and put them in a colander.
- Let the water simmer.
Melt 1 tbsp. butter in the pan.
- Add prosciutto and cook over low heat until crisp, about 4 minutes.
- Put the prosciutto on a plate. Melt 2 tbsp. butter in the pan.
- Add the scallops, salt and pepper and cook over medium-high heat until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Put the scallops on a plate. Add the zest to the pan and cook on medium heat until golden, about 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice and simmer for 10 seconds.
- Pour in the chicken broth and simmer, scraping the bottom of the pan, until the mixture becomes a rich icing, about 3 minutes.
- Add by whisking ½ tsp. of remaining butter. Return the scallops and any juice to the pan.
- Cook over low heat until hot. Return asparagus to boiling water to warm. Salt and pepper the sauce.
- Put the asparagus in a large dish.
- Add scallops and sauce.
- Garnish with fried prosciutto and serve.
Canada J0K 3L0