Asparagus bunchs with prosciutto
- 1 bunch of asparagus (about 1 lb.)
- ¼ cup Yellow or red tomato diced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 c. red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ¼ c. salt
- ¼ c. ground black pepper
- ¼ c. dried basil
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- Dip the asparagus in a pan of boiling salted water and cook for 30 seconds.
- Rinse under cold water, drain and reserve.
- In a bowl, combine tomato, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper and basil.
- Book. Surround about a quarter of the reserved asparagus in a slice of prosciutto.
- Put the bundles of asparagus on an oiled baking sheet, the cut side of the prosciutto underneath.
- Bake under the preheated oven grill, about 6 inches from the heat source, for about 6 minutes or until the prosciutto is crisp (turn once during cooking).
- Garnish the asparagus bundles with the reserved tomato mixture.
Canada J0K 3L0